enita grew up on a tea plantation in the idyllic hills of Darjeeling, India. She finds beauty in simple things in life and is mesmerized by nature’s exquisiteness.
Born from an artistic multicultural family, she was influenced by different forms, culture and aesthetics which molded her.
Venita’s works are a riot of colour marked with intricate details that tell a story, conjuring up vivid images of a narrative, allowing respective interpretations and unraveling of deep connections of her inner subliminal reflections within the artist. She communicates her deep affirmative visual expression through pictorial depiction with the viewer to engage in a dialogue. She enjoys experimenting, playing with colour and painting on canvas over the years, she has found that acrylic on canvas is definitely her medium. She enjoys layering her canvas using acrylics with dry brush, texturing, pouring, collage and sponge painting. She is deeply inspired by nature, by the environment and the pertinent questions that arise about our environs and surroundings.
Painting, for Venita, is not limited by a medium and she enjoys merging styles and media like ink, water, acrylic, oil, pen, pencil or poster paint, much like the versatility of life itself. She enjoys layering and texturing her canvas with different techniques.
Venita Lall is a gold and silver medalist with a strong background in Design, with a Bachelor of Design, majoring in Interior Design from Raffles College of Design and Commerce, Sydney and also a Diploma in Textile Design (Printing and Dyeing) from Sophia Polytechnic, Mumbai.
Solo Art Shows
- ‘Texturres’ at Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad, Bengaluru in April 2018
- Nature-inspired collection of Chinese paintings in New Delhi 1995
- Art for Concern - Show of Contemporary & Traditional Art, Bengaluru in February 2021
- Art Souk online, 2nd edition, November 2020
- Art For Concern, Masks d’Art online Show, June 2020
- ‘Be You’, All women Art Show in March 2020
- Art of Concern, the Annual Show of Indian Art, Bengaluru in September 2019
- Art of Concern, the Annual Show of Indian Art, Bengaluru in September 2018
- Online Art Workshop for teachers and staff of Vidya India in May 2020
Venita has been featured widely by a range of publications and magazines, but notably by ‘Inside Outside’ magazine and ‘Indian Architect and Builder’, her design and storytelling panache opening windows into the life of a creative talent that is unique in its elegance and freshness.