enita grew up on a tea plantation in the idyllic hills of Darjeeling, India. She finds beauty in simple things in life and is mesmerized by nature’s exquisiteness.
Born from an artistic multicultural family, she was influenced by different forms, culture and aesthetics which molded her.
Venita’s works are a riot of colour marked with intricate details that tell a story, conjuring up vivid images of a narrative, allowing respective interpretations and unraveling of deep connections of her inner subliminal reflections within the artist. She communicates her deep affirmative visual expression through pictorial depiction with the viewer to engage in a dialogue. She enjoys experimenting, playing with colour and painting on canvas over the years, she has found that acrylic on canvas is definitely her medium. She enjoys layering her canvas using acrylics with dry brush, texturing, pouring, collage and sponge painting. She wants to evoke emotion through colour and textures. She is deeply inspired by nature, by the environment and the pertinent questions that arise about our environs and surroundings.
Painting, for Venita, is not limited by a medium and she enjoys merging styles and media like ink, water, acrylic, oil, pen, pencil or poster paint, much like the versatility of life itself. She enjoys layering and texturing her canvas with different techniques.
Venita Lall is a gold and silver medalist with a strong background in Design, with a Bachelor of Design, majoring in Interior Design from Raffles College of Design and Commerce, Sydney and also a Diploma in Textile Design (Printing and Dyeing) from Sophia Polytechnic, Mumbai.
Solo Art Shows
- 2018 - ‘Texturres’ at Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad, Bengaluru
- 1995 - 'An Expression of Oriental Ecstasy', Agha Khan Hall, New Delhi
- 2022 – ‘The Artist Dream’, Artmantram Fundraiser Show, ITC Windsor, Bengaluru
- 2022 – ‘Kunchabhava’, Team Yuva Artists Collective 2022, Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad, Bengaluru
- 2022 – ‘Bande Bharat’, World Art Day 2022, IAA-India UNESCO official Partner, Time and Space Gallery, Bengaluru
- 2022 - ‘Kala for Vidya’ 2022, Rotary Club Annual show, Art Corridor, Taj West End, Bengaluru
- 2022 - ‘Kala Manthan’, Canvas Art Gallery, Bengaluru
- 2021 - The Global Campaign “Support Breast Cancer Survivors through Art”, Art Corridor, Taj West End, Bengaluru
- 2021 - Art For Concern - Show of Contemporary & Traditional Art, Taj West End, Bengaluru
- 2020 - Art Souk, 2nd edition, Artmantram, Online
- 2020 - Art For Concern, Masks d’Art, Online
- 2020 – Women’s Day Art Show, ‘Be You’, All women Art Show, Reves Art Gallery, Bengaluru
- 2019 - Art For Concern, the Annual Show of Indian Art, Art Corridor, Taj West End, Bengaluru
- 2018 - Art For Concern, the Annual Show of Indian Art, Art Corridor, Taj West End, Bengaluru
Art Fundraiser Events and Workshops
- 2022 – Art coordinator - Khelo India University Games 2022
- 2022 - Design and Project coordination team for Young Verses published book, Artmantram, Bengaluru
- 2022 - Art in the Park, Edition 10, Live Painting event, Artmantram, Cubbon Park, Bengaluru
- 2021 -“Support Breast Cancer survivors through Art” campaign “Art Camp” live painting with 13 Eminent and Upcoming Artists at Taj West End, Bengaluru
- 2020 - Sustainable Murals for Bangalore, team lead and moderator, Ficci Flo, Bengaluru
- 2020 - Art Workshop for teachers and staff of Vidya all India, Online
- 2019 - Art in the Park, Edition 6, Artmantram’s Artist Needs, Cubbon Park, Bengaluru
- 2018 - Wall Mural, Ficci Flo, Bengaluru
- 2011 - Designed, Recycled PET bottles into furniture for underprivileged children, Yuva Bengaluru
Venita has been featured widely by a range of publications and magazines, but notably by ‘Inside Outside’ magazine and ‘Indian Architect and Builder’, her design and storytelling panache opening windows into the life of a creative talent that is unique in its elegance and freshness.